Wednesday, November 17, 2010

More chores


When he was a little baby boy, Dempsey did a very bad thing: He chewed up the power cord to my beloved Hoover WindTunnel vacuum cleaner. I had to take it apart and replace the cord. (And since that first repair, I've replaced the switch, a belt, two HEPA filters, and zillions of bags -- it's been working very hard ever since we got Dempsey.)

Ever since then, Dempsey has been getting stern "leave its" whenever he so much as looks at a power cord. Being a smart boy, Dempsey has become reluctant to touch power cords. He can vacuum the floor -- he's being doing that since he was 7 months old -- but when it comes time to wind up the cord and put away the vaccum cleaner, fuhgeddaboudit.

Naturally, this will not do. So this morning, we worked some more on putting the vacuum cleaner away.






For the next step, I will teach Dempsey to untangle the cord.

Of course, I should probably figure out how to do that myself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment